Great for beginners to cable riding from age 12 years. For younger children (8 - 12 years) please see our Junior Riders sessions. Includes equipment hire and safety brief/ instruction at the start of the session.
Home > Cable Park > Kneeboarding/ Water-ski Introduction
About this session
This session is a fun way to give kneeboarding or water-skiing a go yourself. Kneeboarding is the easiest way to ride on the cable system because your centre of gravity is low on the board. The session runs in the same way as our normal cable sessions but includes a safety brief at the start plus includes equipment hire.
- Kneeboard and waterski hire
- Wetsuit/ bouyancy aid/ helmet hire (online bookings only)
- Pre-session safety brief including basic instruction
- All participants must be able to see and swim 50 metres unaided.
- Kneeboarding and water-skiing require a reasonable level of fitness - you will need to be fit enough to hold onto the handle and swim/ walk back to the dockside during your session.
- Minimum age 12 years - please see our Junior Riders Sessions on Saturday mornings and during school holidays for 8-12 year olds.
- Participants must not knowingly suffer from any medical condition rendering them unfit to ski.
What to bring
You'll need to bring a towel and swimwear. For your comfort you can also choose to bring wetsuit boots / socks or trainers (that you don't mind getting wet) to wear during the session as when you fall off the kneeboard you will need to walk back to the dock to have another go (once you have swum to the bank). Please note wetsuit boots or trainers can't be worn when waterski-ing because they will not fit into the bindings on the ski's.
Progressing from Kneeboarding
Kneeboarding is the easiest way to ride the cable, if you pick it up quickly and progress to navigating all four corners of the cable course then you can try water-skiing (included in the session cost).
Once you have completed this session, the next time you come you don't need to book another introductory session, you can just book a Cable Pass - kneeboard and waterski hire is also included in this session cost and you can also hire a wakeboard for an additional charge once you have successfully got round all four corners of the cable course on a kneeboard.
Please also see our Cable Ski frequently asked questions (F.A.Q's)